On Friday 28/10/2022 at about 1835HRS, Operatives of the Command attached to Toll-Gate Division received information about sporadic gunshots heard along the Dominion University end of the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway.
2. In swift response to the above, the Divisional Police Officer led a team comprising; Anti-crime patrol operatives, tactical teams, Police Mobile men and local hunters for immediate rescue and further intervention.
3. During the process of prevailing and preventing further chaos from what was evidently an abduction scenario, an Officer attached to the Command paid the supreme price with one other badly injured and presently responding to treatment.
4. So far, expended ammunition shells and (4) Four abandoned vehicles were retrieved at the scene.
5. Furthermore, the Commissioner of Police, CP Adebowale Williams psc(+)fdc has ordered Full-Scale scientific and technological aided Investigations to unravel the events that led to the incident with the Deputy Commissioner in charge of the State Criminal Investigation Department leading the Charge.
6.In the same vein, Care-givers, Traditional Healers and Residents within and outside the area of the shooting incident are advised to be on the look out for gunshot victims and immediately report any strange occurrence to the Police for prompt action.
7. Updates would be provided accordingly as the investigation unfolds, please.
SP. ADEWALE OSIFESO mnipr,
POLICE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER
FOR: COMMISSIONER OF POLICE
OYO STATE COMMAND.