Technical Hitches Mar Recruitment Exercise In Anambra

0
18

Anambra Government, on Saturday, began recruitment exercise into ministries of health and education, with the conduct of online tests for no fewer than 41,000 applicants.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that some of the candidates, however, complained of inability to take part in the recruitment test due to technical hitches.

They called on the state government to address the technical hitches in order to allow those affected to participate in the exercise.

NAN reports that some of the applicants included no fewer than 1,000 primary secondary and primary school teachers, who were employed in November 2021 but had their appointments terminated in April.

NAN also reports that the teachers, who were largely employed from the pool of Parent-Teacher Association teachers, had served for not less than two years before their appointments were terminated.

NAN also reports that they had, on several occasions, protested the termination of their jobs and begged the state government to reconsider them without any result.

They, however, complained of inability to log into the site, saying that it did not open during the time of the test.

Uche Winifred, who applied for the health segment, said her test was to hold between 10:30 a.m. and 12 noon, said that she could not access the site during the period.

Winifred said she had full internet connectivity as advised by the organisers but could not succeed in logging in until the time elapsed.

“It was indeed frustrating. I tried all day but could not log in into the site.

“I had been waiting for this day. I had read and prepared but I could not even enter into the site to see the questions, not to talk of answering them,” she said.

Another applicant, who simply identified herself as Angela, expressed the regret that in spite of complying with all the rules, she was not successful in her attempt to log in and write the test.

She said that some of her friends also complained of the same challenge.

Angela called on the state government to address the technical challenges, as they were not the making of the applicants.

Reacting, Commissioner for Education, Prof Ngozi Chuma-Udeh, said that no fewer than 6,000 applicants successfully submitted their test answers.

Chuma-Udeh told NAN that she merely set the questions and did not set up the internet infrastructure, stating, however, that the affected candidates might have logged into the wrong site.

“I only set the questions. I did not set up the internet. We told them to get internet-enabled gadgets and stay in place so that they could get a good connection.

“The truth is that most of them logged into the wrong site,” she said. (NAN)

LEAVE A REPLY